Yeah, get your mind out of the gutter. I was tagged by Amanda and Nicole to complete this set of questions. I think it’s a cool way to get to know the people behind blogs that I frequent! So here I go.
11 Things About MOI
1) I am the oldest of my siblings and have two brothers. I have never really wanted a sister. When my youngest brother was born, I was 10 years old and I can still remember the second my dad called us to tell us that he had been born. It was 5:45 pm and my brother and I were watching Mr. Belvedere. Once my dad told us it was a boy (my parents wanted to wait to find out the sex of the baby), we both jumped around from couch to couch with joy.
2) I think all babies are ugly. Well, 99% of them are ugly. I think they start looking cute at around 6 months.
3) I spent my junior year of college in Paris. It was interesting.
4) One time I went to a movie by myself while I was in Paris. I thought it was some kind of artsy film, but it ended up being some kind of weird scatological porn. I only realized this after like 30 minutes into the movie and after I realized I was the only girl in the theater with 6 other weird guys. Yeah, it was scary.
5) I once went to North Africa by myself…on a whim. I spent a week in Tunisia and just looked around, went to museums and went shopping. It was awesome but kinda scary too.
6) On my second trip to North Africa, my friend and I went to Morocco. She wanted to get a picture with a monkey and a guy was walking around with one. The monkey got kinda crazy and started attacking her while she screamed at me to take the picture. I was laughing and screaming too hard to even take the picture. I went over to try to help her and I think the monkey scratched me. I had a scratch on my arm that took FOREVER to go away and at one point it looked kinda black. I thought I had Ebola or something.
7) I speak English, Spanish, passable French, can read Italian and speak tourist Italian. I’d really like to learn how to speak Arabic.
8) I love cheese. If I could eat cheese all day long, I probably would. My mouth waters to think of blocks of camembert, gruyere, cotija, sharp cheddar, parmesan, romano, gouda…ahhhhhhhhhh!
9) I hate, hate, hate driving. I wish I lived in a city where I could get around without owning a car. Unfortunately, that is not going to happen any time soon in Southern California.
10) The best gift I ever received was from my best friend. (Don’t let your head get too big when you read this, freak!) He picked items that had so much meaning: a cute little wallet to make up for the wallet that someone stole from me on our trip to Italy; a cute pillow to remind me of falling asleep on the train; some savon de marseille to remind me that our final destination was Marseille. It was totally sweet and meant the world to me.
11) I used to have a lot of episodes of sleep paralysis which made me feel like I was going crazy. If you’ve never heard of sleep paralysis, here is scientific explanation: Sleep paralysis is a feeling of being conscious but unable to move. It occurs when a person passes between stages of wakefulness and sleep. During these transitions, you may be unable to move or speak for a few seconds up to a few minutes. Some people may also feel pressure or a sense of choking. Sleep paralysis may accompany other sleep disorders such as narcolepsy. Narcolepsy is an overpowering need to sleep caused by a problem with the brain’s ability to regulate sleep. I had hallucinations where I thought I felt something climb on top of me and try to choke me. Has this ever happened to you?
Ok, so now that you all think I’m a total weirdo, here are the 11 questions from Nicole over at Polish Me, Please!
- When did you start your blog? I started blogging November 2011.
- What is your go-to nail look? Anything purple, actually. Purple makes me happy.One time I was working out with my trainer and he asked me what made me happy, and I said the color purple. He responded that he had never seen the movie. LOL
- Would you rather: Have your nails cut down to the nail bed for the rest of your life OR never wear makeup again? I would rather have my nails cut down to the nail bed since I hate long nails. I don’t wear make up every single day but I still use it fairly regularly.
- What is one thing you wish you would have known as a teen than you know now? I wish I had known how much my parents love me so I wouldn’t have acted like such a turd.
- If you could only have 3 nail products/polishes for the rest of your life, what would they be? China Glaze Grape Pop, OPI Ski Teal We Drop, Sally Hansen Cuticle Remover
- What is one album you could listen to on repeat and never get sick of? Alanis Morissette’s MTV Unplugged
- What is one of your pet peeves? People who say “lie-berry” for “library”
- What would be your perfect day? My perfect day would involve spending quality time with people I love.
- Do your family and friends know about your blog? Only a handful of friends/family know about my blog and they have been sworn to secrecy due to some of the very personal stuff I sometimes write.
- What is the last song you listened to OR the song currently stuck in your head? That I Would Be Good from the aforementioned Alanis album.
- Share your personal mantra or a good quote. I don’t think I really have one but the closest thing would be “Respice Finem” which means “regard the end”
Well, that was fun! I am not going to tag anyone because all the ladies I would tag have already been tagged for the most part. 🙂